[O] org-show-context-detail and tree expansion

From: pinkanon pinkanon
Subject: [O] org-show-context-detail and tree expansion
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 22:01:42 +0200

Hi! I use helm, which can list all headings using helm-org-in-buffer-headings,
and lets you choose one to jump to.
When I jump to a heading, the tree is expanded.

My problem is as follows.

When I expand this tree on "(2) Downers" (when it is collapsed):

* (1) Uppers
** (2) Downers
   screamers
*** laughers
    ...and also a quart of tequila
** (3) a quart of rum,
   a case of Budweiser,
** (4) a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

I get:

* (1) Uppers
** (2) Downers
   screamers
** (3) a quart of rum,...
** (4) a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls....

Instead of:

* (1) Uppers
** (2) Downers
   screamers
*** laughers...
** (3) a quart of rum,...
** (4) a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

I was advised to modify 'org-show-context-detail, as helm uses org-show-context
function.
But none of the possible values fixed the behaviour for me.
I used 'canonical for the example above:
(setf (alist-get 'default org-show-context-detail) 'canonical)

Is there a workaround?