Re: [O] [ANN] Changes to link syntax

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Changes to link syntax
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 11:31:00 -0600

On 11-03-2019 10:35, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 10/03/2019 11:19, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>>>     When in doubt, use the function ~org-link-escape~ in order to turn
>>>     a link string into its properly escaped form.
>>>
>>>     The old ~org-link-escape~ and ~org-link-unescape~ functions have
>>>     been renamed into ~org-link-encode~ and ~org-link-decode~.
>>
>> Aren't those two sentences slightly contradictory? If ~org-link-escape~
>> has been renamed ~org-link-encode~ I think that the later should be
>> mentioned in the first sentence.
>
> The first paragraph is about the new `org-link-escape'. The second one
> is about the old `org-link-escape', which has become `org-link-encode'.
> Is that clearer?

I may have understood what you mean now. At the first read I understood
that org-link-escape should be used to turn strings into link form, and
that it has been renamed into org-link-encode, thus the function that
should be used to turn strings into valid links is org-link-encode. What
you meant is that the old org-link-escape is now org-link-encode and a
new function with the same name has been introduced.

Cheers,
Dan