Re: [O] please read: bug when marking tasks done

From: cesar mena
Subject: Re: [O] please read: bug when marking tasks done
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:43:24 -0500

hello,

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 3:16 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

cesar mena <address@hidden> writes:

> i'm ok going with the verbatim syntax - rescheduled lines will now look
> like (w/o the double quotes?):
>
>   - Rescheduled from =[2019-02-05 Tue .1m]= on [2018-09-29 Sat 18:50]

Thinking about it, another possibility is to add a variable, e.g.,
`org-repeat-inactive-timestamps', letting the user choose what to do
with inactive time stamps. I think it would default to nil.

This would be a more conservative solution; however, this would
contradict releases notes for Org 9.2.

WDYT?

this works of course and it doesn't affect current workflows while allowing for inactive repeating timestamps.

the caveat would be that in the case of repeating timestamps, setting both `org-log-into-drawer' and `org-repeat-inactive-timestamps' to a true value will overwrite "Rescheduling" entries from the :LOGBOOK:.  in some limited sense the two are incompatible (which would require the verbatim syntax).

with that understanding, and the fact that repeating inactive timestamps is a new "feature" my vote is for `org-repeat-inactive-timestamps'.  this leaves room down the road, should the need arise, for verbatim syntax in log entries.

regards,
-cm