Re: [O] [RFC] Shrink columns dynamically

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Shrink columns dynamically
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:29:08 -0500

> Moreover, I added two new STARTUP keywords: "shrink" and "noshrink",
> which allow to apply aforementioned `org-table-shrink' command on all
> tables upon opening a document. Not that "align" no longer toggle column
> width.

Hi Nicolas,

I'm late to this conversation, but thank you for keeping the width
cookies.  I have a large Org file with some large tables with wide
columns, and being able to restrict the width of one of the columns is
essential to keeping others on the screen.

My only feedback here is that maybe the startup keywords would be more
descriptive if they were something like "table-shrink" or
"column-shrink".  I could imagine some new Org users conflating "folded"
and "shrink" until they have used a more advanced feature like table
column width cookies.  :)

Thanks,
Adam