Re: [O] org mode moves to GNU emacs core

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org mode moves to GNU emacs core
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 14:12:21 +0100

On Monday,  3 Jul 2017 at 12:40, Bastien Guerry wrote:

[...]

> Well, it's not really about PITA-or-not-PITA, it's just that I want
> org-mode to be the default mode for some files in Emacs, and having
> org-mode in Emacs' core is the most simple way to go for this.

This, I must admit, is quite a good reason.  I do think of org as an
integral part of Emacs these days (org is my default mode essentially)
so hadn't stopped to think that without it being formally part of Emacs,
Emacs cannot depend on it.

Okay.  I'm convinced.  :-)

Will have to update emacs-snapshot more often then... although
unfortunately not available for my wee Pandora as far as I can see.  And
the thought of building Emacs on the Pandora sends me into a catatonic
state (600 MHz arm5 processor).

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-551-g92e8c8