Re: [O] Non-scheduled repeating tasks

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Non-scheduled repeating tasks
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 07:52:44 +0200

Hi Albin,

Albin Stjerna <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. Has something like this been attempted by anyone else before?

No -- but there are regular feature requests around making repeaters
more flexible.  I hope I can enhance this for 8.4 (or 9.0.)

> 2. Which org-mode hooks would be a good place to start integrating
> something that would both potentially block TODO transitions and have
> to read/write properties and/or special drawers in org-mode?

You can cook something from `org-after-todo-state-change-hook'.

Put the repeat value in a property, decrease it each time a task is
done until the repeater value is 0.  Displaying the repeater value can
be done in column mode.

That's for the first part of this feature -- the one with blocking
TODOs, see `org-blocker-hook' and `org-trigger-hook'.  Not sure it
will help though.

See also the manual on adding properties (i.e. `org-entry-put') and
hacking Org in general.

HTH,

--
 Bastien