Re: [O] Org Tutorials need more structure

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org Tutorials need more structure
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:01:57 +0100

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> To me the best way to describe Org is: a programmable and dynamic
>> plain-text note taking platform.
>
> I really like this description. Short, and to the point.

but it's missing what for me is the key point which got me into org:
time management!  So how about

  a programmable and dynamic plain-text note taking time management platform

but I'm sure somebody else will think something is missing and make
this sentence even longer ;-)

To me, org is like a graph.  A newbie may be attracted to any given node
(time management, note taking, literate programming, database, tables,
spreadsheet, exporting, publishing...) and then move along edges to
other nodes in the graph.  I think any given order of tutorials is
likely to work for some but not others, but so be it?

For me, the info manual is very well structured.  It got me started
quickly but still provided the depth when needed later.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.1.1-7-gaecdf5