[O] Rackspace is sponsoring orgmode.org hosting

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [O] Rackspace is sponsoring orgmode.org hosting
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:49:20 +0200

Hi everyone,

I guess it is appropriate to give a little shout-out to rackspace.com here,
because a few month back they have decided to sponsor the webhosting for
orgmode.org.  Jason Dunsmore set us up with a rackspace account a few years ago
(2010 IIRC) and has done a great service to our community by running the server
for us and giving us many additional capabilities beyond what we used to have.
Orgmode.org is hosting its own git repositories which we all use to get our
updates and to push patches.  It also runs the orgmode.org website and the worg
pages, which are automatically created from the basic Org files whenever we
push a change.  I don't know if any of you has ever experience downtime of
orgmode.org in the last few year - I do not.

Over all these years Jason has put up with the hosting costs.  Now Rackspace is
stepping in, letting us do all of this for free, and without any ads we would
have to display (except this one, maybe :) )  The server works great, just a
virtual Linux machine where we (Jason, Bastien and myself) can log in and do
all the configuration we want.   A few minutes ago I tried creating a new VM,
then resizing it, a lot of fun.  As far as I know, we have a carte blanche from
Rackspace, so if we can think of an additional interesting service we want to
provide, we could.  Let me know if you come up with an idea.

Kodos to Jason for all his (continuing!) great work, and Kodos for Rackspace
for the sponsorship!

- Carsten