[O] Habit display in agenda, scheduled day only ?

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] Habit display in agenda, scheduled day only ?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:17:45 +0800

I just started using habits. A question:

With the default settings, habits appear in the agenda if they are TODO for
today. If they are TODO on a future day, they are hidden. (This is basically
okay, except that marking a habit DONE makes the consistency graph disappear
from the agenda, until you actually get to the next scheduled day.)

With org-habit-show-habits-only-for-today = nil, you see the consistency graph
on every future scheduled day. Seems redundant.

With org-habit-show-all-today = non-nil, I can still see the consistency graph
after marking it DONE, but on today's agenda. Not quite what I'm after.

The behavior that I would *really* like is to see the habit appear on the next
scheduled day only -- that is, like org-habit-show-habits-only-for-today = nil
except that I don't want to see all future repeats in the agenda.

More specifically: When I mark the habit DONE, the scheduled time stamp goes forward by the
repeat interval. Now it's <2013-09-23 Mon +1d>; later today, when I mark it DONE, it
will be <2013-09-24 Tue +1d>. I would like the entry to move in the agenda to
Tuesday, but I don't have any need to display it on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday etc.

Is this possible at present? (I recently upgraded to 8.2, btw.)

Thanks,
hjh