Re: [O] modify postamble in html export

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] modify postamble in html export
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 17:25:47 +0800

On 09/21/13 17:00 PM, pw wrote:
> Le 21/09/2013 06:23, Eric Abrahamsen a écrit :
>> Whoops, that's what I get for posting untested code... As Nicholas
>> points out the function should take an argument, but in your simplest
>> case you can ignore it:
>>
>> (defun my-org-html-postamble (plist)
>>    (format "Last update : %s" (format-time-string "%d %b %Y")))
>
> Thanks.
>
> I tried this new code (by pasting it into .emacs). But I have the
> default postamble in the result.
>
> I tried then to achieve the same but by using org-customization which
> put into .emacs this :
>
> '(org-html-postamble t)
> '(org-html-postamble-format (quote (("en" "Last update : %d"))))
>
> If it was working I would try to modify %d to have a %d %b %Y format.
> But  for now I have only "Last update : " without time...

I finally actually tried this myself... I'm guessing that your problems
are coming from pasting things without actually eval'ing them. I put
this in scratch:

(defun my-org-html-postamble (plist)
  (format "Last update : %s" (format-time-string "%d %b %Y")))
(setq org-html-postamble 'my-org-html-postamble)

And hit "C-x C-e" after both statements, and a test document exported
with the proper postamble:

Last update : 21 Sep 2013

Can you make sure you've evaluated the forms?

I would have thought your org-customizations above would work, but
there are multiple ways to solve this problem, and perhaps you've got
competing solutions. Try reloading org, or worst case restarting emacs?

Eric