Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:47:11 +0200

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmmm... Object traversal.
>
> Now there should be a way to move between objects: Move to the next
> object of the same type the cursor is on.

This is interesting but not really possible at the moment. Currently
Elements implement "successors" functions, which are basically
a `re-search-forward' on some hard coded regexp and a predicate to check
if we're really where we think we are. So moving to the next object is
easy, but moving to the previous one would be awkward.

In order to allow this, we should first change the innards of Elements
and split "successors" in two parts:

  1. an association list between object types and regexp
  2. a predicate

Then we would be able to move either way.

If there's some real interest in it, I can have a look, but not right
now.

Nicolas Goaziou