Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 10:33:38 +0200

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On 9.9.2013, at 10:23, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> is this about loosing the active mark, or about the effect that C-down now
>>> jumps elements, not paragraphs?
>>
>> In fact, both... If we wanna still allow nice editing of code blocks,
>> without forcing the users to use the indirect buffer, one must be able to
>> quickly select, let's say a defvar, and copy it somewhere else; like we
>> would do in the programming mode buffer (and like we did in the Org buffer,
>> up to the change with C-down).
>
> So maybe you just want to bing C-down to forward-paragraph again?

This is a possibility, yes, but it completely defeats the nice `C-down' add-on
(when outside of code block), and I guess I won't be the only one with that
"problem".

Of course, the nicest would be to have both: the current `C-down' for text,
and the "programmatic" behavior when _in code blocks_. Maybe, that's not
possible, though...

Best regards,
  Seb

--