[O] Issue with HTML export of Org document with a list

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: [O] Issue with HTML export of Org document with a list
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:49:55 +0900

Hello,
I faced a strange problem with either my configuration or Org settings.

Please consider the attached Org document, ~ex.org~ and it's export to
HTML.

What I expect (and that used to be earlier): a list with sequential
numbers each has source block.

Would be glad to provide more information.

Thanks in advance.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Okay ... I'm going home to write the "I HATE RUBIK's CUBE HANDBOOK FOR
DEAD CAT LOVERS" ...

Example document

Hello, I faced with a problem when export Org document with a list and block examples within to HTML.

  1. Let's consider following small initialization file for Emacs

    #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle min-org.el :padline no

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org") (require 'org) (require 'ox-html)

#+END_SRC List is written according to guide for lists in manual, which says that all items belong to one list must be indented on the same level. Interestingly enough, that even M-q works wrong on this example: it puts beginning of first sentence after block on the same line as END_SRC.

  1. The Emacs is started by following command in terminal

    #+BEGIN_SRC sh

emacs -Q -l min-org.el

#+END_SRC Here min-org.el file is the one tangled from previous source block.

  1. To demonstrate the problem it is enough to export to HTML this document and to see the result. For example, let's take a look on this source block
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org")
(require 'org)
(require 'ox-html)
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/mode")

I have cdlatex.el file in ~/.emacs.d/mode.

  1. While one have to indent BEGIN|END of source block as it is requirement for lists, it is unnecessary to indent they content. Moreover it would be wrong because tangled code will be indented too and it is may be undesired. Let's see another example of source block
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org")
(require 'org)
(require 'ox-html)
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/mode")

But something is fundamentally broken, either on my side or with Org settings.

  1. Because every item with a source block which content is not indented (as it should be) will break the list and any following item (considered as sequential item in one list) will be interpreted as new list. To finish with list let's show once again minimal example of Emacs initialization for Org mode with cdlatex

    #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle min-org-cdlatex.el :noweb yes :padline no

(add-to-list 'load-path "usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex") (add-to-list 'load-path "~.emacs.d/mode")

#+END_SRC Is this the last sentence of last item of the one list of the document?

However, lists without source blocks works fine

  1. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First. First.
  2. Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second, Second,
  3. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third. Third.

Another problem (?). First and third entries of above list isn't reformatted by M-q.

Org-mode version 8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-225-g8e9c10 @ usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org)

Author: Vladimir Lomov

Created: 2013-06-11 Вт 16:41

Emacs 24.3.50.1 (Org mode 8.0.3)