Re: [O] Bug? Agenda problems after update

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bug? Agenda problems after update
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 07:34:38 +0100

Hi Simon,

thanks for reporting those problems.

Simon Thum <address@hidden> writes:

> Press key for agenda command (unrestricted):
> Update Org Contacts Database
> Bad sexp at line 350 in /home/simon/org/privat.org:
> (org-contacts-anniversaries "BIRTHDAY" "%y. Geburtstag %l") [7 times]
> Invalid face reference: nil [619 times]
>
> 1: Altough org-contacts is invoked, birthdays fail. I tried both sexp
> syntaxes (%%() and <%%()>).

I'm cc'ing Grégory, maybe this is related to recent changes in
org-contact.el.  Grégory, can you have a look ?

> 2: Hovering the mouse over the agenda produces these nil face warnings. I
> have no idea how to diagnose this, but it does not hurt much it seems. On
> every mouse motion event that hovers over agenda lines below today (except
> for the first line below today's date line, misteriously, and only if a
> certain line with a past-due deadline with [#C] priority cookie is
> visible), one such warning is produced.

Mhh... I can't reproduce this.  Can you give a recipe?  What emacs
version is it with?

> 3: The agenda dropped back to 10 sec and more. I used to have agenda
> generation times of 2-3 sec after I switched to SSDs. I hope this is the
> issue from the "org-agenda-write taking very long" thread currently going
> on.

I don't think it is the same issue.  Here again, can you give a hint
on what your configuration and agenda file/command look like?

> 4: When jumping to a file from the agenda, it is completely visible,
> including ARCHIVE tags (which otherwise work as expected). Just opening
> them is fine; it only affects the case the agenda file was not loaded
> before. Thus it seems to be a bug.

(setq org-agenda-inhibit-startup nil)

The new default is supposed to make the agenda generation faster,
actually.  Tassilo reported it was not speeding up things and I need
to check this again.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien