[O] Problems with TODO and agenda command

From: Siegel, Aaron J.
Subject: [O] Problems with TODO and agenda command
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 15:23:28 +0000

Hello

I cannot get agenda command to include any of my TODO's.  I followed the
tutorial
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/orgtutorial_dto.html

My .emacs file copied directly from the tutorial on a Linux system
        (require 'org-install)
        (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
        (define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
        (define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
        (setq org-log-done t)

        (setq org-agenda-files (list "~/org/orgtutorial_dto.org"
                                    "~/org/work-recover.org"))

This first task in this tutorial did not work for me. When I closed the task
using C-c C-t I did not receive a time stamp. I have scheduled tasks and set
deadlines for tasks but when I execute the command "C-c a a" I do not see any
tasks in the agenda.

I am doing this on two computers one using a portable version of emacs for
windows and the second is a Opensuse both are using emacs 24.2 and org-mode
7.8.11

Aaron