Re: [O] OPatches for org-generic-export

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [O] OPatches for org-generic-export
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:06:49 -0500

On 10/24/11 Oct 24 -9:44 AM, Wes Hardaker wrote:

>>> Glad to see someone tinkering with it!  yay!
>
> B> Could you test Robert's patches against latest Org and report
> B> any problem?  As the author of the generic exporter, you might
> B> spot problems more easily...
>
> I think they looked fine without intense study, and I trust him to fix
> bugs that come his way :-)
>
> Anyway, I really like the idea of an exporter test regression suite.
> Now....  we just need to make that happen!

The only challenge I see is the matcher.  That is, I can create a test
document, based on Jambunathan's, but I don't know the best way to write
the tests.  I suppose some form of regular expression is The Right Thing.

There must be a better solution, though --- I figure someone must have a
good way to match text files against expectations.  I just don't know
what that way is.

cheers,