Re: [O] Perl parser, some questions

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Perl parser, some questions
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:21:07 +0100

Steven Haryanto <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing an Org parser for Perl[1]. There are a few things about the
> syntax which are still unclear to me.
>
> 1. The manual says that multiple (different) in-buffer settings can be
> specified on the same line, but so far I haven't found such example
> anywhere. What is the syntax for this?

If you are referring to lines like this one:

the syntax is space separated options.

I cannot really help you with the rest of your questions unfortunately.
I do think you may end up getting a little frustrated in the near
future: org has grown "organically" and so doesn't have a well defined
or consistent syntax across all the features.  This is not a criticism
of org mode, by the way... just an observation!

The only real definition of the syntax is the (ever changing) emacs lisp
code that implements it.

What is the main purpose of your parser?

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.122.g2f72.dirty)