Re: [O] Re: org-table formulas with missing values

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Re: org-table formulas with missing values
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:03:21 -0800

Hi Thorsten,

Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of what I am proposing below. Its just
a thought that came to me while reading your post.

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Thorsten
<address@hidden> wrote:
> But even if nil would work, my basic question remains: if I have for
> example a dynamic report were one code-block in the org file retrieves
> new data frequently and stores them in a table, which has some formula
> applied to it, and 0 values as well as missing values are possible, how
> can I address the empty cells in the formula without confusion with
> regards to the cells with 0 values?

Since recently calc code block support was added to babel, why not use
that to process your table instead of table formulae? Wouldn't you
expect it would be easier to deal with NaN and its likes directly with
calc source compared to formulae?

--
Suvayu