Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can I input multiline in a cell?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can I input multiline in a cell?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:01:24 -0500

brian powell <address@hidden> wrote:

> My suggestion then (after all that "brainstorming crap") boils down to this
> alone:
>
> Maybe put in 1 key in table mode that puts a dummy line in, maybe something
> like this:

> --it puts in the same number of cell separators and empty cells on empty line
> as are on the previous line---or you could just do:

Doesn't M-S-<down> do that? In the context of a table, it ends up
calling the function org-table-insert-row. If you want a single
key (e.g. a function key) to do that, you can bind it directly
to this function. Of course, simulating multi-cell input like this
breaks the table model and might cause difficulties in other places,
but you can always try it and see how far you can push it.

Nick