[Orgmode] Re: DocBook exporter for Org-mode

From: Baoqiu Cui
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: DocBook exporter for Org-mode
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:53:52 -0800

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

> docbook is great since it's widely used.

Yes, DocBook has been adopted by many organizations in different areas
in the past years.  Once we have a good exporter for DocBook, we
basically build a bridge for exporting Org files to all other formats.

> The output looks good!
>
> How could we test it?
> And could we configure it somehow?

On how to set up a DocBook publishing environment, you can take a look
at the following page:

  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ToolsSetup.html

I used xsltproc + FOP before, but now I use Saxon + FOP.

> Anyway, I'd prefere to export to _one_ XML format from Org-mode and
> provide xslt stylesheets to translate between different formats.

I totally agree!  We only need one XML exporter, and I think DocBook is
the way to go.

Baoqiu