[Orgmode] Re: remember -> category

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: remember -> category
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:12:22 -0400

Cezar Halmagean <address@hidden> writes:

>   Is there any way to specify a category in which the note will be
>   stored when using remember ?
>
>   What I want to define is:
>
>   1. Start remeber
>   2. Pick a category
>   3. write down a title and a description
>   4. Store the note (scheduled for today - so I can view it with C-a a)
>
>   I couldn't find anything usefull in the docs.

I do this in reverse.  I have a separate remember template per org file
I want so I do

 C-M-r (pick remember template key)
 Enter details
 C-c C-c store the note to * Tasks in the file I selected
 C-u C-u C-M-r to get back to the note I just filed then
 C-c C-w to refile it to whatever task is appropriate

With the latest development version of org-mode you can start the clock
in the initial remember buffer and keep it running as you file and
refile the task.  In that case you can also use org-clock-goto to find
the task back easily.

You can set up templates for org-remember but I find the location I want
to file things changes too much to have static templates with fixed
locations.  Your mileage may vary.  My default remember templates file
to the * Tasks generic task in each file then I just refile it to the
right place depending on its content.

HTH,
Bernt