emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Optical Size Adjustment of Variable Fonts in Emac

From: Oliver Taylor
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Optical Size Adjustment of Variable Fonts in Emacs
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 19:15:41 -0700

> Note that the solution you found works on GNU/Linux, but AFAIK doesn't work
> on macOS [...]

I developed this on a Mac! The “Mitsuharu Yamamoto” fork.

> only integer values are allowed for :height, and where these integer values
> are rounded.  For example :height 144 is 14, :height 145 to :height 154 is
> 15, :height 155 is 16, and so forth.

It’s not my experience that only integer values are allowed for :height.

But I have found that I can only scale things up by whole point sizes. So the
rounding makes sense, I was not aware of that.

> So you cannot have a "slightly larger" font on macOS.

Well, you can adjust by a point size, which works fine for my needs.