emacs-gc-stats

Re: GC stats

From: Martin Geisler
Subject: Re: GC stats
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 16:14:01 +0200

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 8:18 PM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
Martin Geisler <martin@geisler.net> writes:

> I've been running with emacs-gc-stats for a few weeks, but the file seems
> to only contain data since the last time I started Emacs. I only skimmed it
> briefly, but I see "Fri Jul 14" (today) many places and no other dates.

This is concerning.
May I know the version of emacs-gc-stats you are using?

I am not sure what version it was — I restarted my Emacs after updating all installed packages to the latest version. Sorry about that!

On another machine, my Emacs had been running for 13 days with version 1.2 of emacs-gc-stats. It has data back to June 21 from what I can tell (not sure how that corresponds to the Emacs uptime I saw before restarting Emacs). I installed version 1.3 to get the compression support and the result is the file you see attached.

> Should I instead collect the statistics after letting Emacs run for a while?

Anything will be helpful, be it short or long statistics.

Okay, great to hear!

--
Martin Geisler
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mgeisler/