emacs-gc-stats

Re: emacs-gc-stats

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: emacs-gc-stats
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 10:29:17 +0000

Karl Voit <mail@karl-voit.at> writes:

> Btw, as small remark: in retrospect, it'd have been better to
> include a host-specific part to the output file. I'm sharing my
> config across four hosts. During the last weeks, this created
> syncthing-share conflict files because all of them were writing to
> the same file name.

Well. You could customize per-host emacs-gc-stats-file.
I am pretty sure that conflicts likely this may be common for you for,
say, bookmarks or recentf history.

> ... I simply removed the conflict files and
> submitted the largest file to you. Therefore, I can't guarantee that
> all the data within the file are from the very same host. If you
> want me to do another run for a couple of days with different file
> names per host, let me know.
>
> Sorry if my data is a mess now.

This should not be a problem. The data is just a list of Emacs sessions,
which may differ even on the same host when users play around with Emacs
config.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,