emacs-gc-stats

Re: emacs-gc-stats

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: emacs-gc-stats
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 10:17:24 +0000

Karl Voit <mail@karl-voit.at> writes:

> I've collected 175MB of data over the last weeks.

Thanks!

> You can download the 23MB ZIP from:
> https://karl-voit.at/temp/2023-07-15_emacs-gc-stats.eld-publicvoit.zip

Done.

> gc is a constant annoyance in my personal setup. I do have to wait
> for many seconds every hour or so at least (I didn't write down the
> actual time).

It will be all in the data.

> If you want me to change something in my setting
> (https://github.com/novoid/dot-emacs/blob/master/config.org with
> https://karl-voit.at/2020/05/03/current-org-files/) and
> re-test, let me know.

Not yet. This study aims to understand the general GC performance across
Emacs users with various personal setups.
We want to establish if it is needed at all to change defaults.
If it is needed, the new defaults are to be discussed in future.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,