emacs-gc-stats

Re: emacs-gc-stats report(s)

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: emacs-gc-stats report(s)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 06:11:38 +0000

Antonio Romano via Emacs-gc-stats <emacs-gc-stats@gnu.org> writes:

> Recently, I found out that there were two "emacs-gc-stats.el" files: one
> in ~/.config/emacs and the other one in ~/.config/emacs/var. I fiddled a
> lot with my config lately so that may be the reason. I've sent both.

Looks like no-littering. Either installed or upgraded.
It changed the default value of `emacs-gc-stats-file', leaving the old
one inaccessible to emacs-gc-stats-mode and continuing the recording in
the new one.

> I hope that they'll be of good use. I'll continue using
> "emacs-gc-stats", if needed.

I plan to set a cutoff date a few weeks from now, to not wait forever
before doing analysis.

If you want to continue using, what might be of value (for future) is
non-standard GC settings, if you use any. But it all depends on what we
see happening with GC with default settings.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,