emacs-gc-stats

Re: Large attachments

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Large attachments
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 11:04:29 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I started recently rejecting large attachments posted to this list if
> they are not compressed.  Please always compress attachments larger
> than 1MB, preferably by the best compression software you have
> available (like xz or bzip2 in preference to gzip).

Note that the latest version of emacs-gc-stats auto-compresses that
attachments using dired "Z" command (when "Z" can manage to perform the
compression).

Eli, may it be possible to have the reject message contain suggestion to
compress the attachments? We already ask people to do the favor of
recording statistics. Extra obstacles to share the data should be
minimized.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,