[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
master 8685db1: * lisp/ffap.el (ffap-read-file-or-url): Don't use url-fi
master 8685db1: * lisp/ffap.el (ffap-read-file-or-url): Don't use url-file-handler
Sat, 9 Nov 2019 17:34:50 -0500 (EST)
Author: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Commit: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
* lisp/ffap.el (ffap-read-file-or-url): Don't use url-file-handler
Simplify accordingly (and don't call substitute-in-file-name redundantly).
lisp/ffap.el | 39 ++++++++++++---------------------------
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)
diff --git a/lisp/ffap.el b/lisp/ffap.el
index a3a191c..2954faa 100644
@@ -1405,34 +1405,19 @@ which may actually result in an URL rather than a
(or guess (setq guess default-directory))
;; Tricky: guess may have or be a local directory, like "w3/w3.elc"
;; or "w3/" or "../el/ffap.el" or "../../../"
- (unless (or (ffap-url-p guess)
- (ffap-file-remote-p guess))
- (setq guess
- (abbreviate-file-name (expand-file-name guess))))
- (if (and (ffap-url-p guess)
- ;; Exclude non-filename-like URLs like "mailto:..."
- (not (string-match "\\`[a-z]+://" guess)))
+ (if (ffap-url-p guess)
+ ;; FIXME: We earlier tried to make use of `url-file-handler' so
+ ;; `read-file-name' could also be used for URLs, but it
+ ;; introduced all kinds of subtle breakage such as:
+ ;; - (file-name-directory "http://a") returning "http://a/"
+ ;; - Trying to contact remote hosts with no justification
+ ;; These should be fixed in url-handler-mode before we can try
+ ;; using it here again.
(read-string prompt guess nil nil t)
- (let ((fnh-elem (cons ffap-url-regexp #'url-file-handler)))
- ;; Explain to `rfn-eshadow' that we can use URLs here.
- (push fnh-elem file-name-handler-alist)
- (let* ((dir (file-name-directory guess))
- ;; FIXME: If `guess' is "http://a" url-handler
- ;; somehow returns "https://a/" for the directory and
- ;; "a" for the non-directory!
- (broken-dir (> (length dir) (length guess))))
- (setq guess
- (read-file-name prompt (if broken-dir guess dir) nil nil
- (unless broken-dir
- (file-name-nondirectory guess)))))
- ;; Remove the special handler manually. We used to just let-bind
- ;; file-name-handler-alist to preserve its value, but that caused
- ;; other modifications to be lost (e.g. when Tramp gets loaded
- ;; during the completing-read call).
- (setq file-name-handler-alist (delq fnh-elem
- (or (ffap-url-p guess)
- (substitute-in-file-name guess))))
+ (unless (ffap-file-remote-p guess)
+ (setq guess (abbreviate-file-name (expand-file-name guess))))
+ (read-file-name prompt (file-name-directory guess) nil nil
+ (file-name-nondirectory guess))))
;; The rest of this page is just to work with package complete.el.
;; This code assumes that you load ffap.el after complete.el.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- master 8685db1: * lisp/ffap.el (ffap-read-file-or-url): Don't use url-file-handler,
Stefan Monnier <=