emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e224c94: * lisp/emacs-lisp/seq.el (seq-doseq):

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e224c94: * lisp/emacs-lisp/seq.el (seq-doseq): Tighten the code
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 13:23:36 +0200

Stefan Monnier writes:

>> Stefan, is it ok if I revert the part of your commit related to the
>> return value of `seq-doseq'?
>
> Of course not: it only fixed a bug (the bug was that the code did
> a `(setq ,<var> ...) where ,<var> was out-of-scope).
> The new code still support the [RESULT] thingy.  I only removed it from
> the documentation and added a FIXME expressing my opinion that it's
> a misfeature.

That is not what I meant.  What I meant was: Is it ok to add it back to
the documentation and remove the FIXME?

But now I'm not sure about this anymore.  I still think it's good that
`seq-doseq' takes the same arguments as `dolist'.

In any case, I would either add it back to the documentation or remove
it from the code and bump the version number of seq.el.

Cheers,
Nico
--
Nicolas Petton