Re: Page order in describe-bindings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Page order in describe-bindings
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 14:07:17 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 22:45:31 -0500
>
> I have a hunch that the diversity of binding situations is much more now
> and that developing a good way to show them all might require more thought.

We now display the *Help* buffer with bindings in outline-minor-mode,
which makes navigation between sections much easier.  In addition,
users can customize an option to start the *Help* buffer in "folded"
mode, where only the section heading lines are shown, in which case
the major-mode section is just one or 2 lines away.