Re: Excessive use of `eassert`

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Excessive use of `eassert`
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:35:01 -0800

On 2024-01-21 01:57, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
If you didn't benchmark, how did you see that these changes help
significantly the ENABLE_CHECKING build?

I looked at the machine code generated (x86-64, current Fedora). In some cases it was quite a bit shorter, e.g., eliminating calls to make_lisp_ptr. Evidently I didn't catch the cases that Stefan noticed, so I'll try to see what's up there.