Re: displaying margins leads to Emacs hanging

From: dalanicolai
Subject: Re: displaying margins leads to Emacs hanging
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 21:53:35 +0100

B.t.w if someone want to have a look, I'll attach a smaller file here where
I have just removed about 200 pages of the book text data, so that it is
the file is much smaller, but there is still enough date to clearly show the
'undesired' behavior.

So now, Emacs will not 'hang', but there will still be a clear difference in time it
takes to update the buffer (between when window margins are displayed,
and when they are not).