Re: Eglot "inlay hints" landed

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Eglot "inlay hints" landed
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 20:09:28 +0000

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 7:53 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > See also my last message to Eli, which contains a horrible
> > patch that nevertheless does more or less achieve those
> > objectives.
>
> Hmm... that patch looks reasonably sane to me (while writing the
> after redisplay so you can coalesce several jit chunks).
>
> Which part do you find horrible?

Mostly the fact that it's operating on a separate timer, but one
that is directly correlated to jit-lock-context-time.  So
the bookkeeping and the coalescing of the small+large
jit chunks should be provided by the jit infrastructure instead. And
then no extra timer or logic would be needed.  Can we make jit-lock.el
a :core ELPA package?

João