Re: Eglot "inlay hints" landed

From: Dimitri Belopopsky
Subject: Re: Eglot "inlay hints" landed
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:25:49 +0100

On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 at 13:05, João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 10:55 AM Dimitri Belopopsky
<dimitri@belopopsky.com> wrote:

> Inlay hints are working well on my end!
> The only issue I seem to be having is when the server doesn't support inlay hints, and I have " (add-hook 'eglot-managed-mode-hook #'eglot-inlay-hints-mode)" in my config.
>
> It keeps erroring in this case and the connection to the lsp server seems to terminate in some cases. In any case it causes interference with other things, like completion which can stop working.
>
> You can try it with pylsp, and add "(add-hook 'eglot-managed-mode-hook #'eglot-inlay-hints-mode)" to your config. Trying to write a simple main function will show issues.

I can't reproduce this with this server.  All I see is a warning:

Warning (eglot): No :inlayHintProvider support. Inlay hints will not work.

which is how it's supposed to work.

João

My bad... I'm using straight.el, and somehow it wasn't picking things correctly. Forcing it to use the built-in variant makes everything work correctly.