Re: Help testing emacs-28.3-rc1.tar.gz on MS-Windows

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Help testing emacs-28.3-rc1.tar.gz on MS-Windows
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 04:34:27 -0800

lux <lx@shellcodes.org> writes:

> Stefan, this is a new vulnerability found in orgmode, which also exists
> in the built-in orgmode of Emacs 28. Does it need to be fixed together
> in 28.3?
>
> https://list.orgmode.org/tencent_04CF842704737012CCBCD63CD654DD41CA0A@qq.com/T/#t

Thanks for continuing to work on improving Emacs' security.

I don't want to delay Emacs 28.3 any more, and I'm ready to release it
now.  Perhaps it's fine to wait with this fix until Emacs 29.1,
especially seeing that Org Mode can release a new fixed version through
GNU ELPA immediately, and distributions can pick it up from there.
Furthermore, the Emacs 29 pretest will start any day now.

But I'd like to hear what others think.  Is it important to include this
fix in Emacs 28.3?