Re: Missing features in c-ts-mode

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Re: Missing features in c-ts-mode
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 20:14:26 +0100

Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> From: Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no>
>>> Cc: casouri@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 20:31:33 +0100
>>>
>>> This patch adds some support for this- but I'm not really satisfied yet.
>>> It will electrically indent if you've typed "#i", or if you insert "#"
>>> before say, "if".  The reason it behaves this way right now is that the
>>> parser returns an (ERROR (ERROR)) node when only # is inserted.  I'll
>>> see if I can find some workaround for it.
>>
>> Thank you for working on this.

Now done.  I believe the fix was small enough to go to emacs-29, so just
pushed.  What would be the best way to create a test that would emulate
this behavior?

I tried

```
Code:
  (lambda ()
    (c-ts-mode)
    (self-insert-command 1 "#"))

Point-Char: |

Name: Electric pound indents to column 0

=-=
int
main (void)
{

  return 0;
}
=-=
int
main (void)
{
#|
  return 0;
}
=-=-=
```

But that didn't run the electric indent afaict.

Theo