Re: [elpa] externals/vertico af819df792: README: Add note about Tramp ho

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/vertico af819df792: README: Add note about Tramp hostname and username completion
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 10:22:13 +0100

ELPA Syncer <elpasync@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Daniel,

> +*NOTE:* On Emacs 30 the workarounds described in this section will likely
> become
> +unnecessary, since the Tramp maintainer improved the relevant completion
> tables.
> +Confirmation would be welcome if you already use a very recent build of Emacs
> +master.

For the records, I'm planning to release these changes also with Tramp
2.6.0.2, which will appear later this month on GNU ELPA. This will also
be merged into Emacs 26.2.

There is a new Tramp test case tramp-test26-interactive-file-name-completion,
which loops through different completion styles. You could adapt it to
test also orderless, and call it then like

# env REMOTE_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY='/ssh:user@host:/tmp' make -C test
tramp-tests SELECTOR=tramp-test26-interactive-file-name-completion

Note that user name completion is still shaky, I'm working on it these
days. Pls contact me in case of questions.

Best regards, Michael.