Re: Emacs Under X: <print>

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Emacs Under X: <print>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 03:09:29 +0100

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> On my laptop running X and stumpwm ie none of the Gnome magic loaded:
>
> The  second key to the right of the spacebar delivers <print> to
> Emacs.

No idea how to do this with Emacs alone.

But when I run xev from *shell*, type <print> and then close the xev X
window with my normal key binding for closing X windows (which
terminates xev), the two <print> key events (press and release) are the
second and third last listed in the output and displayed near the end of
the *shell* buffer (starting with around line 24 before the end of the
buffer).  I guess that could be doable without seeing?  The xev window
gets input focus automatically here, so it starts interpreting and
recording you key events directly after starting the command in *shell*.

Michael.