Re: tramp-interactive: a small helper module

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp-interactive: a small helper module
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 13:18:38 +0100

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Pedro,

> May I announce a small Emacs module I have written to make TRAMP a bit
> more comfortable.
> It's called tramp-interactive and you can find it in
>
> https://github.com/paaguti/tramp-interactive
>
> Comments welcome. @tramp developers, if you find it interesting/useful
> let's find a way to include this in Emacs ;-)

Thank you for your contribution. I've played a little bit with it, and
honestly, I don't understand what I shall do when I'm prompted for user,
host and port. And the package doesn't contain any description what it is
good for, and what's the intended use case.

As test, I have applied naïvely

# emacs -Q -l tramp -l ~/Downloads/tramp-interactive.el
C-x T l
user (nil): RET
port: 22 RET
Remote file: file:/ssh:@localhost: RET RET
File not found and directory write-protected

Could you please explain it? And also explain, what's the additional
benefit of this package, compared with user and host name completion in
the minibuffer we have already?

> Thx, /PA

Best regards, Michael.