Re: [Request] Please fix missing pgtk clipboard functionality

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [Request] Please fix missing pgtk clipboard functionality
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 11:22:44 +0800

Hello Po,

> I rewrote the selection code last June, so this should now work as well as
> Wayland lets it (admittedly not very well, but this ought to work.)

That’s promising to hear, I checked this quite a while ago and have just taken a
fair few months to actually get around to sending an email about it — I
checked for messages about it on Emacs devel but couldn’t see anything so I
assumed the situation hadn’t changed. I’m glad to hear otherwise.

I’ll look forward to trying this out with Emacs 29.

Might you be able to give an idea of limitations present with the Wayland
implementation? I can’t see any differences documented in the manual, and it
could be helpful to hear about.

All the best,
Timothy