Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 11:36:35 -0500

> It doesn't need any project, it is literally two command lines.
> Here's an example:
>
>   gcc -O2 -I.   -c -o parser.o parser.c
>   gcc  -shared parser.o scanner.o  -ltree-sitter -o libtree-sitter-c-sharp.dll

AFAIK `parser.c` is a file generated from the actual grammar's source,
itself written in Javascript.

So the above instructions are akin to downloading a precompiled binary
and installing it.  While it is the most convenient path for the
end-users, it's important w.r.t Freedom to make sure that grammars can
also be regenerated from source by the end users.

        Stefan