Re: Possibly defaulting native-compile-target-directory to XDG_CACHE_HOM

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Possibly defaulting native-compile-target-directory to XDG_CACHE_HOME/...
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 10:58:27 -0500

> I can't recall from previous discussions whether that crash would be
> considered a bug, or whether emacs just requires a writable cache dir
> now (which is fine if so).

I think it depends what you mean by "crash".  To me "crash" means
something like a segfault or coredump, and I expect we treat it as a bug
in Emacs.
OTOH if you get a meaningful error message before the "crash", then the
meaningful error message should hopefully clarify whether it's a bug in
Emacs or a bug in your use of it.

        Stefan