Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: latex-table-wizard

From: tomas
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: latex-table-wizard
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 07:22:50 +0100

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 09:37:23PM +0000, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
> Enrico Flor <enrico@eflor.net> writes:
>
> > Thank you so much for your comments!  I implemented your many
> > suggestions wrt. the code.  I must say I didn't use to have all the
> > backquotes but then I read somewhere that you should prefer
> >
> >   `(,x ,y)
> >
> > over
> >
> >   (list x y)

[...]

> I cannot think of why, after all
>
>   (macroexpand-all '`(,a ,b ,c)) => (list a b c)

I think it's a question of style. As you, Philip, note downthread, I
usually decide on whether I see [1] the context as "data with some
interspersed (live) values" (think "json with variable interpolation"
or as "program". Lisp itself is ambiguous about that :-)

Cheers

[1] and want to convey to my readers