Re: vc-git feature proposale: modeline and annotate

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: vc-git feature proposale: modeline and annotate
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 10:38:42 +0100

> One way is by using the :eval construct in mode-line-format.

Well, its value is for a git buffer

("%e" mode-line-front-space mode-line-mule-info mode-line-client
mode-line-modified mode-line-remote mode-line-frame-identification
mode-line-buffer-identification "   " mode-line-position
 (vc-mode vc-mode)
 "  " mode-line-misc-info "  " mode-line-modes mode-line-end-spaces)

So I want a specific for vc-mode (while using git) modification
so I thought I need to modify
vc-git-mode-line-string

And there is where I failed.
I googled around and did not find anything, this
is why I suggested to have a customize
menu for the change....
In this list

> I don't think "git blame" can do that.

Ok I try to find out
--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.