Re: New Package: sticky-shell

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: New Package: sticky-shell
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 06:27:05 +0300

* Andrew De Angelis <bobodeangelis@gmail.com> [2022-12-12 06:24]:
> This is the git repo: https://github.com/andyjda/sticky-shell, with
> additional info in the README and in the code's documentation.

Just that the "sticky shell" does not reflect what it does.

I have tested it, it does not work reliably.

- it does not show which command generated error, I have for example:

$ youtube-dl -f18 "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVsnbalE6Ig";
  C-c C-cTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/youtube_dl/extractor/__init__.py",
line 4, in <module>
    from .lazy_extractors import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'youtube_dl.extractor.lazy_extractors'
...with more lines here below...

and that one is not shown.

- for this below it shows "dcon" instead of "dconf":

$ dconf
error: no command specified

Usage:
  dconf COMMAND [ARGS...]

Commands:
  help              Show this information
  read              Read the value of a key
  list              List the contents of a dir
  write             Change the value of a key
  reset             Reset the value of a key or dir
  compile           Compile a binary database from keyfiles
  update            Update the system databases
  watch             Watch a path for changes
  dump              Dump an entire subpath to stdout
  load              Populate a subpath from stdin

Use 'dconf help COMMAND' to get detailed help.

- for ls -lR it shows "ls -l"

I have got feeling that it works unreliably.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman