Re: Questions regarding PGTK, high-dpi font-rendering, new X11-Warning

From: chad
Subject: Re: Questions regarding PGTK, high-dpi font-rendering, new X11-Warning
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 15:01:02 -0500

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 7:54 PM Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What I read here is "we should move each GUI event loop into its own
> thread" :-)

That's not ok, as Xlib (used by both those toolkits, and also Emacs
itself) is not thread safe.

Even though it can be thread safe at first glance, having multiple
threads work at the same time will mess up request serial tracking, and
`x_error_catcher' and friends will stop working.

I'm not up to doing the work myself, and obviously I'm not asking anyone else to do so, but I wonder if anyone has looked at moving emacs from Xlib to XCB?

~Chad