Re: org-mode 9.6 and Emacs Built from Git HEAD

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: org-mode 9.6 and Emacs Built from Git HEAD
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 07:09:51 -0800

I think I made some progress chasing this down:

1. Problem: With Emacspeak as implemented, org-fold-core-style set to
   text-properties  results in hidden links being spoken.

2. The underlying cause appears to be how  copying such text into
   another buffer works.

3. Emacspeak implements its core speech logic by copying over what is to
   be spoken (text) to a scratch buffer, pre-processing it, and then
   doing its work.

4. The "invisibility" gets lost in the new org fold implementation.

See here for the relevant logic and code.

I verified that the copy/insert  to be the problem by:

A. Open an org file with a link in it with org-fold-core-style set to
   text-properties.
B. Set mark and do
M-: (setq text (buffer-substring (point) (mark)))
C. Switch to a new buffer "foo"
M-: (insert-for-yank text)D. Insert:
E. Move point to the portion of the link that should be hidden and  do
M-: (invisible-p (point)) Returns nil.
--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8