Re: Release branch emacs-29

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Release branch emacs-29
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 07:26:12 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> What is the status of the manual?  I don't see any FIXMEs or notes what else
> should be done -- is it finished?

No, I'm still working on it.  This is my main focus currently, and I
expect that the new manual will take at least another week to finish at
the current rate..

Most of the things that needed transferring from README.md are already
done.  But there hasn't been much progress since my last update, as I've
focused on the merge in the last week or so.

> Also, I see no announcement on NEWS for use-package -- did I miss it?

There was none indeed, but on the new branch feature/use-package
(replacing scratch/use-package), you can now find it announced in NEWS.

>> Is it preferred that I merge to master or emacs-29 at this point?
>
> To emacs-29, please.

OK, thanks.

> But it looks like you forked the branch from master,

This is fixed on feature/use-package.