Re: Package Eat on NonGNU ELPA diverged

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Package Eat on NonGNU ELPA diverged
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 16:02:36 -0500

> files) and force pushed it.  But within that 10-20 minutes, ELPA
> machinery fetch from my repository, and now the two repositories
> diverged.
>
> Is there any chance to do something on ELPA side, or do I have to do
> something on my side?

The problem goes much faster that the `nongnu.git` repository on
`git.sv.gnu.org`, because that repository is tracked by several others.
Can it be fixed?
Yes, technically, but it's a pain in the rear to go and fix them all
by hand.  It's only justified if there's a *real* problem (like the
faulty commit contains something we *really* don't want to keep).
Here, we're talking about including a commit with a suboptimal commit
message.  Nobody will suffer from it,

        Stefan