Re: Delegating user-reserved key binding space definition to users

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Delegating user-reserved key binding space definition to users
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 12:29:14 -0500

> I suggest introducing a notion of "generalized" commands. Such commands
> will represent common actions executed by users (like move to
> next/previous element). Major and minor modes can then define specific
> implementation of the actions.

I think it's a non-starter because it requires foresight: only those
commands defined with this mechanism will be extensible.  I agree that
an additional level of indirection is probably necessary, but I suspect
it needs to be placed elsewhere.

[ FWIW, you can get similar results with the current setup using
  command remapping.  ]

        Stefan